In order to improve the operational efficiency, capabilities, and life expectancy of transformers, industrial units use transformer cooling systems. You will be surprised to know that transformer cooling systems ensure the utmost efficiency of the transformers and aims to expand their overall lifetime.
Significantly minimize the temperature
According to a report, transformer cooling helps in maintaining the temperature rise and fluctuation of many parts of the system. Modern systems are designed to significantly minimize the temperature gradient. Did you know? Transformer oil helps to efficiently insulate material and cool the transformer unit.
Fact – It is essential to control the temperature with in permissible limit to ensure the long life of the transformer by reducing the thermal degradation of its insulation system. (source – electrical4u)
Types of transformer cooling systems –
- Oil Natural Air Natural (ONAN)
- Oil Natural Air Forced (ONAF)
- Oil Forced Air Forced (OFAF)
- Oil Natural Water Forced (ONWF)
- Oil Forced Water Forced (OFWF)
Let us see some of the cooling systems –
- Transformer Oil Pumps – To ensure optimum operating conditions, industrial units use transformer oil pumps. They are straightforward design, highly effective, and robust in construction. They are also compact and can be integrated into the oil circuit.
- Transformer Oil Air Coolers – They are designed to reduce the overall rising temperature of the unit. They are available in different mounting variants. They meet industrial requirements and are highly stable and can meet the most complex project requirements.
- Transformer Oil Water Coolers – They are ideal for furnace transformers or rectifier transformers. In addition, you can choose free-standing transformer oil coolers according to your specifications.
Modern manufacturers provide innovative, low-maintenance, low noise, flexible, advanced, cost-effective, and efficient transformer cooling systems. Such systems are compact and robust and can dissipate heat across cooling surfaces through air movement.